©2011 Learning ZoneXpress
67 pages, 8 ½” x11”, 3-ring binder
Classroom activities to teach the MyPlate "10 Tips" series to elementary students. Each activity includes a discussion of each tip and an opportunity to apply the tips to students' lives. Topics include:
• Balance Calories
• Enjoy your food, but eat less
• Avoid oversized portions
• Foods to eat more often
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk
• Make half your grains whole grains
• Foods to eat less often
• Compare sodium in foods
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks
MyPlate is the USDA food symbol that replaced the food guide pyramid.
View the MyPlate 10 Tips Lessons for Elementary Table of Contents.
Choose your wishlist to be added