©2013 (Revised 2016) Learning ZoneXpress
8 ½” x 11”, 50 sheets, 2-sided
As generations grow older, their nutrition needs change. The MyPlate for Older Adults Handouts feature a unique icon that provides food, fluid, and physical activity guidance that correspond with USDA's 2010 Dietary Guidelines for aging populations.
This adapted MyPlate symbol features:
• Different forms of vegetables and fruits that are convenient, affordable, and readily available
• Good sources of fluids for hydration
• Lean sources of protein including those from plant-based sources and dairy
• Herbs and spices to give foods flavor instead of using salt
• Visuals of elderly adults engaging in physical activity
The backside of the handout presents information about each food group, the importance of hydration, how to flavor foods without salt, and a chart featuring recommended calories based on activity level for elderly.
MyPlate is the USDA food symbol that replaced the food guide pyramid.
Choose your wishlist to be added